DESIGN RESUME OF SARA
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ BFA / Studio Art
Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA Emphasis: Print, Painting
Deckers Outdoor Corporation/UGG Santa Barbara, CA| Contract Production Artist (Sept.-Dec. 2014)
Size and reposition large format posters and banners for overseas outlet and concept stores.
Communicate with buyers in Asian market on specific needs for various shows within tight deadlines.
- Retouch images, create effective typography to match the UGG brand guidelines.
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area, Mammoth Lakes, CA | Graphic Design Asst. (Jan.-June 2014)
- Design all marketing collateral for major events within the resort and its four lodging properties.
- Create on brand emails from start to finish working closely with marketing and creative directors.
- Produce signage, banners, posters, brochures and more for both MMSI and June Mountain Ski Area.
Territory Ahead, Santa Barbara, CA | Graphic & Production Artist (Feb.-Dec. 2012)
- Direct creative and marketing departments into fluid and manageable email campaign process.
- Develop brand and style guide for the company to maintain quality and consistency of the brand.
- Effectively design emails, retail/outlet materials and catalogs using skills in typography, illustration and styling.
Magellan’s Travel Supply, Santa Barbara, CA | Contract Web & Graphic Designer (June-Oct. 2011)
- Produce all creative materials for online advertising, print advertising, promotional materials & product packaging.
- Integrate promotional concepts to web, print and retail while working with marketing, art & inventory depts.
- Create product illustrations, kickers, banners, email campaigns, product box design, hangtags & header cards.
SaraMurals, Santa Barbara, CA | Owner / Web & Graphic Designer (2004-Present)
- Prepare and manage all graphics for web and print, illustration, mural and painting projects start to finish.
- Create marketing/branding/design concepts fulfilling clients’ needs for both web and print projects.
- Manage all billing, marketing, development and design departments.
lynda.com, Carpinteria, CA | Contract Production Artist (July/August 2009)
- Prepare digital assets while maintaining brand integrity and consistency.
- Work closely with Art & Marketing Directors in creating logos, buttons, and banners for web.
- Design creative headers and kickers for tutorial pages.
Image Net, Carpinteria, CA | Web & Graphic Designer (11/1998-11/2002 and 2003-2008)
- Prepare all graphics, web palettes and screen layouts for web.
- Design logos, magazine layouts, websites, advertisements and marketing collateral.
- Manage projects, lead clients in design process, and create layouts and visual branding aesthetics.
Gardena Elementary School, Gardena, CA / Children’s Planning Commission, LA, CA
Muralist (11/2001–4/2002 and 5/2002–8/2002 and 11/2003 and 2/2003–11/2003)
- Work with School Principal and Assistant Principal to plan drawings and location of murals.
- Research, design and produce 9 educational themed murals, interior and exterior of the school.
AAA Flag & Banner, Inc., Los Angeles, CA | Graphic Designer (11/2001-4/2002)
- Design and prepare artwork for custom banners, flags and signs.
- Create corporate identity and high-end digital imaging for Greater Los Angeles area.
- Concept design, layout and composition of logos, posters, and billboards.
Bennett/Novak & Co. Los Angeles, CA | Web & Graphic Designer (5/01–9/01 and 10/02–2/03)
- Design custom logos, posters, and billboards for Hollywood clientele.
- Create web sites, facilitated ad campaigns and branding concepts with clients.
- Prepare package design and layout for popular children’s toy company.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Computer: Adobe Design Suite CS6: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, MS Office, Mac/PC Proficient URLS: saramurals.com, villagepoolbuilders.com, cvwd.net, howeunlimited.com, carpinteriaPT.com
Volunteer: Volunteer for Carpinteria
Arts Council web projects, teaching
Hobbies: Painting, drawing, photography, acting, studying and making art, having anything to do with the ocean,
visiting galleries, hiking, swimming,
snorkeling, stand up paddling, kayaking, biking,
skiing, fishing, traveling.